Canoe trip on the Weser
On this stretch of water we expect a varied landscape and small beautiful villages, old traditional towns and former monasteries, which always invite us to interrupt the tour!
- 5 Paddling Days
- Organisation and execution by our trained canoe guides
- Training in theory and practice according to BV Canoe guidelines
- Boats incl. paddles and life jackets
- Drying bin for your luggage
Meeting Point34346 Hannoversch Münden
Where Fulda and the Werra "kiss" each other and flow together as the Weser, we meet for our tour. You don't need any previous knowledge. Your guide will accompany you on the water during the tour and explain the most important strokes on the first day. There is nothing in the way of a relaxed tour. At noon we will take a rest and so regain strength to reach our destination. In the evening we will cook together and let the evening end comfortably.
Your guide will stay in a tent and will be happy to reserve a place for you on our start-camping site. The following days we will visit beautiful campsites on our way to the destination. If you want to have a solid roof over your head, we will gladly assist you in finding a pension or hotel. However, you have to use your own vehicle here and ideally use a local taxi company. You'll find more information and details in the travel documents.
Ideally we provide as a group (food not included in the price), so not everyone has to take cooking stuff and we can distribute the food and kitchen utensils evenly on all boats. But you can also cater for yourself, but keep in mind that you will also have to transport your food and kitchen utensils yourself. We will take large pots and cookers for group supply on the tour. We will make cooking groups at the beginning of the tour so that not everyone has to cook every day. Of course, we can also go for dinner.
You should bring
- Swimwear and shoes that may be wet (e.g. old sneakers or neoprene shoes, please do not wear sandals)
- If necessary, a eyewear strap
- Depending on the temperature, you should also bring fast drying outerwear (e.g. fleece)
- Spare clothes for paddling
- If necessary, rain jacket and trousers (according to the weather forecast)
- Camping equipment
Additional costs (not included in the tour price)
- Arrival and departure
- Taxi rides if necessary
- Shuttle to the entrance with the vehicles of the participants, taxi or public transport
Conditions for participants
For this tour you only have to be able to swim and be at least 9 years old. You should have a normal physical physique, have fun in nature and not be afraid of water. There are daily stages of 10-25 km planned, with note that we have all day time for this. You can be a canoe novice, but experienced canoeists are also welcome.
- Cooker, gas, pots and everything necessary for the kitchen
- Organization and reservation of the start camp site