Canoe trip on the Dordogne
We will be on the road to one of the most beautiful, popular and cleanest touring rivers in Europe. In the Dordogne you will find everything that makes for a successful holiday in France; clear water, cosy French villages, castles, castles, excavations, caves and outstanding French goats cheese. The valley of the Dordogne is fantastic for a holiday trip with the canoe.
- 6 paddle days
- Organisation and execution by our trained Kanuguides
- Training in theory and practice
- Boats (2-3 persons per canoe) incl. paddle, life jackets
- Drying bin for your luggage
Meeting PointArgentat (near Brive-la-Gaillarde)
We meet in Argentat and discuss the course of our tour on the first day after a comfortable breakfast. Then your guide will acquaint you with the basic techniques of canoeing. If this all works out, we load the equipment and everything we need for this one week in the canoe. The length of the daily tours will be decided according to condition, mood and spirit. At noon we make a rest and in the afternoon we stop at a campsite chosen by us. Then we build up our tents, relax a bit, cook a delicious dinner and enjoy the evening with a glass of red wine. On the last day we have to pick up our vehicles, so we will only paddle a short stage.
Your guide will stay in a tent and will be happy to reserve a place for you on our start-camping site. The following days we will visit beautiful campsites on our way to the weekly destination. If you want to have a solid roof over your head, we will gladly assist you in finding a pension or hotel. However, you have to use your own vehicle here and ideally use a local taxi company. You'll find more information and details in the travel documents.
Ideally we cater as a group (food not included in the price). We can distribute the food and kitchen utensils evenly on all boats. But you can also take care of yourself, but keep in mind that you will also have to transport your food and kitchen utensils yourself. We will take large pots and cookers for group supply on the tour. We will make cooking groups at the beginning of the tour so that not everyone has to cook every day. Of course, we can also go for dinner.
You should bring
- Swimwear and shoes that may be wet (e.g. old sneakers or neoprene shoes, please do not wear sandals)
- If necessary, a eyewear strap
- Depending on the temperature, you should also bring fast drying outerwear (e.g. fleece)
- Spare clothes for paddling
- If necessary, rain jacket and trousers (according to the weather forecast)
- Camping equipment (Of course, only if you stay in the tent)
Additional costs (not included in the tour price)
- Arrival and departure
- Taxi rides if necessary
- Shuttle to the entrance with the vehicles of the participants, taxi or public transport
Conditions for participants
For this tour you only have to be able to swim and be at least 9 years old. You should have a normal physical physique, have fun in nature and not be afraid of water. There are daily stages of 10-25 km planned, with note that we have all day time for this. You can be a canoe novice, but experienced canoeists are also welcome.
- Cooker, gas, pots and everything necessary for the Küchengmeinschaft
- Organization and reservation of the start camp site