Canoe trip in the Italian Alps
Unfortunately, Europe's large alpine rivers are almost all canalised, dammed or otherwise regulated, so that the original river landscapes are rarely found. In northern Italy we are fortunate that the Piave and Tagliamento still have a lot of space. The river beds change after each flood, so new gravel is established and new islands are formed, which are of great ecological importance for flora and fauna. We want to enjoy the uniqueness of these river landscapes, but can only decide when we are there, which river we paddle, as these can also disappear quite quickly and unexpectedly in the rock.
- 5 Paddling Days
- Organisation and execution by our trained canoe guides
- Training in theory and practice
- We train according to BV Canoe guidelines
- We provide boats (2-3 persons per canoe, on request also up to four people per canoe) incl. paddle, life jackets and per person at least one dry ton for your luggage
Therefore we meet in the evening before at a campsite in Lido Däue Jesolo by the sea, near the mouth of the Piave. So we can check the levels and discuss the course of the next few days. On the first day of paddling we pack the tents and our things together, go to the Piave or Tagliamento and start our tour. Your guide will give you a briefing on the various paddle strokes. The daily stages are between 5 and 20 kilometers, whereby we can determine the length of the stages by ourselves. We will look for beautiful places on our way to the Adriatic and camp right next to the river.
Your guide will stay in a tent and will be happy to reserve a place for you at the start camp site. We will camp in beautiful places, directly on the riverside, as there are very few campsites. During this tour you will have to do without a shower and toilet. If you want to stay at the hotel or a pension, you have to use your vehicle and a local taxi company (for more information, see the travel documents).
You should bring
- Swimwear and shoes that may be wet (e.g. old sneakers or neoprene shoes, please do not wear sandals)
- If necessary, a eyewear strap
- Depending on the temperature, you should also bring fast drying outerwear (e.g. fleece)
- Spare clothes for paddling
- If necessary, rain jacket and trousers (according to the weather forecast)
- Camping equipment
Ideally we cater as a group (food not included in the price), so not everyone has to take cooking stuff with them and we can distribute the food and kitchen evenly on all boats. But you can also cater for yourself, but keep in mind that you will have to transport your own food. We will take large pots and cookers for group supply on the tour. We will make cooking groups at the beginning of the tour, so that not everyone is on every day. If it is offered, we can also dine in the evening at a delicious pizzeria.
In order to minimize the impact on our environment, we would like to try to organise carpooling opportunities.
Additional costs (not included in the tour price)
- Arrival and departure
- Taxi rides if necessary
- Shuttle to the entrance with the vehicles of the participants, taxi or public transport
Conditions for participants
You do not need special requirements for this canoe trip. You only need to be able to swim, have a normal physical physique, be at least 9 years old, have fun in nature and not be afraid of water. There are daily stages of 5-20 km planned, with note that we have all day time for this. You can be a canoe novice, but experienced canoeists are also welcome.
- We provide cooker, gas, pots and everything necessary for the kitchen
- Organization and reservation of the start camp site