Canoe tour on the bavarian Regen
The section from Regen to Oberauerkiel through "Bavarian Canada" how the "Schwarzer Regen" is called, is an ideal choice for familys and beginners who want to go paddling for the first time.
- Rental canoe + equipment
- Professional training in paddle technique, safety and environmental protection
- Shuttle service of boat and person
- waterproof bags for your phone and photo equipment
Meeting PointHölzl's Kanuscheune, Oleumhütte 9 A, 94209 Regen
Start TimeDaily by arrangement
After you have been informed about the river, the nature protection, the handling of the boats and the paddling technique, we will start the tour. From now on you can explore the river independently. Here you can experience the unique landscape far away from civilisation with a safe feeling. You paddle a beautiful river section with slow current.The depth of the water is max. 60 cm, so you can walk through the water anywhere on this tour. With a super stable family canoe that offers enough space for up to two adults and two children, the danger of flipping is very low. Your valuables such as mobile phones, photographic equipment, etc. are stowed in waterproof packing bags.
No obstacles like locks or weirs lower the paddle fun. So there is no exhausting boat carrying necessary.
After about 2.5 hours the exit on the right side of the river is clearly visible. You stop with the canoes and have the opportunity to make your own picnic on the meadow or visit the beautifully situated Landgasthof Muhr, Which is only a few minutes walk from the take out. The boats can be left there. After a call or agreement, we will pick you up and bring you and the boats back to the put in.
Your starting time
After booking, we will contact you as soon as possible to arrange your individual starting time. Your wishes are very welcome.
You bring your own canoes?
- We also rent out separately the missing equipment such as helmets, life jackets, boat cars, paddles, waterproof bags, maps and also offer the return transport of the boats and people.
- Free Barbecue area with fireplace
- Free car parking
- Free Camping facilities
- Cancellation is free of charge at the earliest possible time (min. the day before)
- Pick up from the train station in Regen (5 euro per trip with up to 8 people)
- In case of high and low water as well as heavy rain or thunderstorms the experience is postponed
Degree of DifficultyFor everyone
- Under a age of 16 years only accompanied by an adult
- Normal physical condition
- Clothing appropriate to the weather
- Shoes that are allowed to get wet
- Possibly bring clothes to change
- Good mood, good weather and good water level