Whitewater Kayak course
Learn to paddle with no trouble and lots of fun. We teach you the basics of paddling with sensitivity and logical structure. First on the lake, then in the current and later on the the real river. With the right tips you start to understand the flow, the dynamics and also the dangers. That's how kayaking is fun.
- Equipment introduction
- Teaching basic kayaking skills
- Professional course management
- Details see course contents
- Max. 5 participants per instructor
Meeting PointStation, CH-7104 Versam
Duration2 to 5 Days
You paddle on the Vorderrhein and enjoy the days in the Rhine gorge. You will make the first paddle strokes nn the idyllic mountain lake in Laax and learn the basics of this exciting sport. The next day you can use your new skills to experience the river up close. In the following days you paddle down the waves and corners of the river. During the course days you learn all the important elements, deepen them and acquire great kayaking skills.
No previous knowledge is required for this course!
- Getting to know your equipment, using it properly
- Get in and out of the boat safely
- Seating positions, agility, boat guidance and edges
- Paddle forward, cross the river and turn
- Detect and use the current, paddle into and out of the eddy
- Swimming in the river and easy rescue with the throwbag
- Communication on the river
- Detect dangers and safe routes
- First river cruises in the group
After this course you can take a trip with your kayak club, other paddlers or book an advanced course.
Degree of DifficultySuitable for beginners
- Age: 14 +
- Swimming skills
- Normal health condition