Soca Kayak Camp
The soca is one of the most beautiful and most interesting rivers in Europe.
The beautiful colour of the water, the countless playspots and the lush green of the Slovenian forests make the valley of the Soca a very special holiday destination for kayakers. The Soca and its tributaries have many sections up to the 4th level of difficulty and are therefore very well suited for our courses.
- Professional Course Management
- Kitchen tent, cooking utensils, barbecues, tables and benches are provided
- Max 6 participants per instructor
- Details see course Contents
ProviderKajakschule Source to Sea, Natters
Meeting PointCampsite "Liza" in Bovec (Slovenia)
Duration4 or 5 Days
Learn to paddle independently and safely on WW II!
In this course you gain safety on whitewater II. The goal is to be able to paddle on whitewater II sections with your friends and even without "better paddlers".
The soca is perfect for practicing in easy whitewater. With every water level there are countless eddys and the difficulty can be increased continously. Therefore the ideal river to deepen the basic techniques.
- Flow theory
- To recognize and use different currents on the river
- Kayak control by weight shift and upper body rotation
- Paddling eddys with forward stroke and pulling stroke
- Control the kayak through correct edging
- Introduction to securing with throwbag (Basic kit)
Accommodation October Dates
We meet at the hotel in Bovec on the first day of the course at 10:00 a.m.
House "Mala vas" in Bovec. We all live together in a large house with kitchen, living room with fireplace, balcony and terrace. There are 2-and 3-bedded rooms, all with private bathroom.
Degree of DifficultyAdvanced
- Swimming skills
- Good health condition
- Age: 12 +
- First experience in kayaking, e.g. after our development course