Soca Kayak Camp
The soca is one of the most beautiful and most interesting rivers in Europe.
The beautiful colour of the water, the countless playspots and the lush green of the Slovenian forests make the valley of the Soca a very special holiday destination for kayakers. The Soca and its tributaries have many sections up to the 4th level of difficulty and are therefore very well suited for our courses.
- Professional Course Management
- Max 6 participants per instructor
- Kitchen tent, cooking utensils, barbecues, tables and benches are provided
- Details see course contents
ProviderKajakschule Source to Sea, Natters
Meeting PointCampsite "Liza" in Bovec (Slovenia)
Duration4 to 5 Days
The Soca itself charms with turquoise water, white limestone rocks and lush mountain forests. On the sunny south side of the Alps, it offers us crystal clear water, playspots and fresh fish for the evening barbecues by the campfire. From the lake to level 5 whitewater, the Soca has it all. A very special holiday destination for kayakers
Your way to WW IV!
Paddle your line with ease and dry sprayskirt! When paddling whitewater IV you need to work with the flow not against it. For this reason we focuse on using the right current in the Creek 1 course. You will also learn how to boof drops and holes. The Whitewater III and IV sections of the Soca have a playground made of stones, cushions and eddys. The flow is usually very defined, so it is not difficult to get the right pressure on the paddle. And if the boof does not work on the first try, there are still 100 chances downstream.
- Become aware of movements: upper body posture and paddle use
- Analyzing complex lines
- Timing: Accurately implement paddel strokes
- Use flow elements and flow barriers for your own line
- Paddling tactics in the group: communication and safety
Accommodation October Dates
We meet at the hotel in Bovec on the first day of the course at 10:00 am
House "Mala vas" in Bovec. We all live together in a large house with kitchen, living room with fireplace, balcony and terrace. There are 2-and 3-bed rooms, all with private bathroom.
Degree of DifficultyAdvanced
- Swimming skills
- Good health condition
- Safe Whitewater III paddle (e.g. lower Ötz, abseiling track of soca, Brandenberger ache, Loisach).
- Mastering the Eskimo Roll