Soca Kayak Camp
The soca is one of the most beautiful and most interesting rivers in Europe.
The beautiful colour of the water, the countless playspots and the lush green of the Slovenian forests make the valley of the Soca a very special holiday destination for kayakers. The Soca and its tributaries have many sections up to the 4th level of difficulty and are therefore very well suited for our courses.
- Professional Course Management
- Max 6 participants per instructor
- Kitchen tent, cooking equipment, barbecues, tables and benches are provided
- Details see course Contents
ProviderKajakschule Source to Sea, Natters
Meeting PointCampsite "Liza" in Bovec (Slovenia)
Duration4 to 5 Days
Learn to paddle in the warm south!
In the basic kayak course you learn all the basics to paddle easy white water. We'll show you what to look for on the river and how to use the equipment correctly. The technique you learn in this course is a good foundation to start with this sport and the soca is the ideal river for this! On crystal clear, never cold water you can test your limits. We start at the lake and increase the difficulty day by day. In the end you are able to paddle easy rivers on your own.
- Introduction to the equipment: getting to know safety equipment, setting a kayak, holding the paddle correctly
- Capsize: get out of the boat safely
- Straight paddle: Efficient forward stroke and superior posture
- Paddle: bow stroke, stroke, Powerstroke, weight shift and upper body rotation
- Stop and backwards paddling: counter-strike and reverse
- Small flow theory
- Paddling eddys
Accommodation October Dates
We meet at the hotel in Bovec on the first day of the course at 10:00 a.m.
House "Mala vas" in Bovec. We all live together in a large house with kitchen, living room with fireplace, balcony and terrace. There are 2-and 3-bed rooms, all with private bathroom.
Degree of DifficultyBeginner
- Swimming skills
- Age: 12 +
- Good health condition