Soca Kayak Camp
The soca is one of the most beautiful and most interesting rivers in Europe.
The beautiful colour of the water, the countless playspots and the lush green of the Slovenian forests make the valley of the Soca a very special holiday destination for kayakers. The Soca and its tributaries have many sections up to the 4th level of difficulty and are therefore very well suited for our courses.
- Professional Course Management
- Max 6 participants per instructor
- Kitchen tent, cooking equipment, barbecues, tables and benches are provided
- Details see course Contents
Meeting PointCampsite "Liza" in Bovec (Slovenia)
Start Time10:00 am
Duration4 to 5 Days
Do you feel comfortable on Whitewater II and want to finally boot into more difficult water? Or are you often on Whitewater III anyway, but would like to be a bit more sovereign? Then this is your course. We'll show you how much fun more gradient and more water pressure is if you just trust in your technique.
We also focus on the use of the current, planning of lines and tactics within the group. The aim of the course is to gain more confidence in whitewater III. The Soca offers us a perfect practice area for this! The labyrinths of white limestone rocks hold innumerable eddys and boofs.
- Flow theory
- To recognize and use different currents on the river
- Kayak control by weight shift and upper body rotation
- Paddling eddys with forward stroke and pulling stroke
- Control the kayak through correct edging
- Scouting: Assessing dangers, choosing lines
- Paddling tactics in the group: communication and setting safety
Accommodation October Dates
We meet at the hotel in Bovec on the first day of the course at 10:00 a.m.
House "Mala vas" in Bovec. We all live together in a large house with kitchen, living room with fireplace, balcony and terrace. There are 2-and 3-bed rooms, all with private bathroom.
Degree of DifficultyAdvanced
- Swimming skills
- Good health condition
- Experience on Whitewater II