Sea Kayak Course in Grado
These days will make you a good paddler. We have put together a practical curriculum based on the training program of the American Canoe Association (ACA). This is relaxed and enjoyable to work with. We choose as a fixed base the campsite al Bosco (www.campingalbosco.it), which also offers small bungalows. The beautiful campsite is situated in a pine forest directly on the expansive Adriatic-sand beach of Grado-Pineta and is not too big.
- material, clothing and equipment customer
- Boat Transport
- Getting to know different kayak models
- Loading and trimming of kayaks
- The right way to get in and out
- The right posture in the kayak
- Tour and power blow, pull and bow strokes, reverse strike, paddle supports
- The relaxed behaviour at capsize (wet exit)
- Rescue techniques: Re-entry, T-rescue,...
- Weather and paddling: How to deal with rain, wind, storm, Sun, cold, fog...?
- Tour planning and paddle excursions
- Prevention, recognition and first aid in the effects of sun, wetness and cold
- Navigation and Tides
- Signs, warnings, collision prevention rules
We meet on the first day of the course at 10.00 p.m. at the reception of the campsite "camping al Bosco" in Grado-Pineta (Strada della Rotta, Grado).
Not included in the price
The costs for accommodation and meals are borne by each participant.
Kayak, paddle, Sprayskirt, Bootswagerl, dry sacks, sponge, life vest, paddle jacket, neoprene trousers, dry trousers, neoprene shirt and short. Paddle float, pump, leash, compass, maps, navigation aids. Transport of boats, guided tours, course contents. If necessary also 2people tent and inflatable mat-please inform in advance.
not be put
Paddle shoes, gloves and sleeping bag.
Swimmer. Basic condition for about 4 paddle lessons per day.
We recommend as personal equipment
Functional warming outdoor clothing, shoes that are allowed to get wet (e.g. crocs), shield cap, gloves (to avoid blisters), eyewear strap (if spectacle wearer), bathing clothes and towel, sun and mosquito protection, drinking bottle, snacks on the go. If camping: forehead or flashlight, camping utensils and cutlery, sleeping bag.
Restaurants and shopping facilities are available. Everyone is free to take care of themselves or to go to restaurants. There should be plenty of water and food on the way. We take a camping stove with you.