Packraft on the Vorderrhein
You paddle on the Vorderrhein and enjoy a weekend in the Rhine gorge. Unlike the beginner courses, this kayak course starts directly on the river. We show you the paddle technique and tactics, you learn to read currents and dodge obstacles and dangers. We introduce you to river swimming, self-rescue and safety on the river. You make use of the learned skills and paddle down the waves and corners of the river. This course is also suitable for Packrafter with some paddling experience, we can adapt the difficulties to the skill-level.
- Professional course management
- Details see course contents
- Max 6 participants per instructor
Meeting PointVersam Station
Meeting point is our modern base in the imposing Vorderrhein gorge with spacious wardrobes, cafeteria and training rooms right next to the river. The course days start at 9am and end at around 6pm.
Welcome, course discussion, material output, paddle technique and training on the river
Paddling and training on the river, course completion
- Getting to know your equipment, using it properly
- Agility, boat guidance and edges
- Paddle forward, cross the river, and turn
- Detect and use flow, eddy in and out
- Tactics and recognizing dangers
- Swimming in the river and easy rescue with the throwbag
After this course you can take a trip with other paddlers. We recommend to visit the safety course for Packrafter, SUP and canoe.
Degree of DifficultyBeginner
- Age: 18 +
- Swimming skills
- Normal health condition