Kayak trip on the Saale
Thüringen not only has forests, the "Rennsteig" and winter sports to offer. For friends of water sports, the Saale reservoir, also called the Saale Cascades, offers itself for fantaastic canoeing. We will do our tour on the largest reservoir in Germany in terms of volume. The length of the water surface on "Bleilochtalsperre" dam is 30 km and everyone should be able to "power out".
- 2 paddle days
- Organisation and execution of the canoe trip through our trained Kanuguides
- Training in theory and practice
- We train according to BV Canoe guidelines
- Organization and reservation of the start camp site
Meeting Point07929 Saalburg, details after booking
We meet at the campsite directly on the banks of the Saale-reservoir. On the first day we familiarize ourselves with our material and a little paddling technique, so that we will only paddle a short distance. Since you will already be paddling well on the second day and driving straight is no longer difficult, we will paddle another route on the following day. We take a break right on the banks of the Saale and return to the campsite every day around 4pm.
Your guide will stay in a tent and will be happy to reserve a place on the campsite for you. If you want to have a solid roof over your head, I will gladly assist you in finding a pension or hotel. There may be a limited number of rental bungalows available. You'll find more information and details in the travel documents.
You should bring
- Swimwear and shoes that may be wet (e.g. old sneakers or neoprene shoes, please do not wear sandals)
- If necessary, a eyewear strap
- Depending on the temperature, you should also bring fast drying outerwear
- Spare clothes for paddling
- If necessary, rain jacket and trousers (according to the weather forecast)
- Camping equipment If you want to stay in the tent
Everyone caters for themselves. We like to have breakfast in the morning together on the meadow by the water. Most campsites offer a bread service and some also have a small kiosk. For lunch we put together a delicious lunch package and stow it in our kayak or we make a rest at a takeaway stand. In the evening we treat ourselves to the luxury of eating out or catering for ourselves.
Additional costs (not included in the tour price)
- Arrival and departure
- Taxi rides if necessary
- If necessary, shuttle to get to the vehicles of the participants, taxi or public transport
Conditions for participants
For this tour you only have to be able to swim and be at least 9 years old. You should have a normal physical condition, have fun in nature and not be afraid of water. There are daily stages of 10-30 km planned, with note that we have all day time for this. You can be a canoe novice, but experienced canoeists are also welcome.
Degree of DifficultyEasy
- Swimming skills