Kayak tour through Dresden
Experience the beauty of Saxony from the kayak. We meet at the border to the Czech Republic and paddle for 5 days on the Elbe. First we go through the imposing landscape of the sandstone mountains and then to the cultural buildings of the upper Elbe valley, such as the "Festung Königstein", "Schloss Pillnitz" and the "Dresdner Zwinger".
Through the sandstone mountains, the paddle steamboats will be with us and behind Dresden the excursion traffic takes off, so that the Elbe is only used occosionally by some professional ships. We can most of the time claim the river for ourselves alone.
- 5 Paddling Days
- Organisation and execution by our trained Kanuguides
- Training in theory and practice
- We train according to BV Canoe guidelines
- Organization and reservation of the start camp site
Meeting PointBad Schandau, Schmilka
On our tour we take our time and have the opportunity to visit the Saxon cultural heritage. Our daily duration is only determined by the intervals of the campsites. We have our luggage in the boats so that we can stay at beautiful campsites. On the 5th day we will choose a shorter stage so that we can pick up our cars at the starting point of the tour.
Your guide will stay in a tent and will be happy to reserve a place for you at the start camp site. The other campsites we use on the tour are not pre-booked so we can make our tour more flexible. If you want to have a solid roof over your head, I will gladly assist you in finding a pension or hotel. However, you have to use your own vehicle here and ideally use a taxi company. You'll find more information and details in the travel documents.
You should bring
- Swimwear and shoes that may be wet (e.g. old sneakers or neoprene shoes, please do not wear sandals)
- If necessary, a eyewear strap
- Depending on the temperature, you should also bring fast drying outerwear
- Spare clothes for paddling
- If necessary, rain jacket and trousers (according to the weather forecast)
- Camping equipment If you want to stay in the tent
Everyone caters for themselves. We like to have breakfast in the morning together on the meadow by the water. For lunch we put together a delicious lunch package and stow it in our kayak or we make a rest at a takeaway stall. In the evening we treat ourselves to the luxury of eating out or catering for ourselves.
Additional costs (not included in the tour price)
- Arrival and departure
- Taxi rides if necessary
- If necessary, shuttle to get to the vehicles of the participants, taxi or public transport
Conditions for participants
For this tour you only have to be able to swim and be at least 9 years old. You should have a normal physical condition, have fun in nature and not be afraid of water. There are daily stages of 10-30 km planned, with note that we have all day time for this. You can be a canoe novice, but experienced canoeists are also welcome.
Degree of DifficultyEasy
- Swimming skills