Canoe tour on the Hunte
From Astrup to Oldenburg the Hunte winds through the Wardenburger Marsch. Willows and alder line the shore and hang far above the water. A small sandy beach right on a bridge is the perfect spot for a break.
- Boat rental and transport including accessories
- Introduction to paddle technique, preparation checklist
- Life jackets, paddles, waterproof sack
- Canoe hotline and a river map
- Bus-Canoe-combi-ticket - the use of the VWG buses to the starting point is included; alternativ bike transport to Oldenburg
Meeting PointSandkruger Strasse 4a, 26203 Wardenburg/OT Astrup
Start TimeBetween 12:30 and 14:30, every hour
Duration4 to 4.5 Hours
In the Tungelner Marsch you get to enjoy the wide sky and the landscape. Water birds attract their brood in the reeds of the shore area. On the way to Oldenburg you might meet a rowing boat or a canoe, too. Cyclists are now seen more often on the banks of the now widening river. The last stop is a former outdoor swimming pool at the Hunte. At the historic hydroelectric power plant you are at the stage destination of your canoe trip - continue to the city, to the cafe Harbour house and onwards..
* Up to 3 different start times each day. We will get in touch with you immediately after booking to discuss your desired time.