Canoe guide training course
The Canoe has proven to be important in experiential pedagogy. It puts the focus on cooperative act, and the element water quickly brings up personal issues via emotions. In this sense, the accompaniment of groups in a canoe is very complex.
- See description
ProviderNatur als Partnerin, Samerberg
Meeting PointDepending on the module
Start Timeby arrangement
The training provides professional know-how for the planning and management of canoe projects and tours. Competence in techique, concrete safety concepts and group management are the main focus in addition to methodological and didactic basics.
- Technique training for two seater and solo Canoes
- Getting familiar with the canoe
- playing with the canoe and practice exercices
- River scouting, theory of moving water
- Guiding groups in moving water
- Paddling in a group and group dynamics
- Systemic security management
- Rescue management
- Project planing
- Material and equipment
- Environmental and legal issues
Learning by self-experience and exploring your own personal possibilities. In this workshop we have a good mix of theory and practice.
- Practical knowledge of the canoes, 1 and 2 seater canoes
- Effectiveness and pedagogical use of the individual instruments
- Rescue management
- Guiding and accompanying different kind of groups
- Practice in Transfer
Since 2003 we train Kanuguides Specialists who can also accompany groups in water with a respectful and versatile approach to nature and individual persons.
The aim of the training is, that the participants are able to use their individual Possibilities for the self-responsible implementation of projects and tours by water.
The training is for persons who want to use the possibilities of nature sports by a Canoe either with clients or only for themselves.
Requirements This is
- Basic knowledge and experience in a canoe are advantageous but not necessary
- Good swimming skills and no fear of moving water
- General physical fitness
- Minimum age of 18 years
Program Overview-2018- 12th Course April-September
Date: 13- 15 April, 2018
Location: Upper Austria region or Upper Bavaria
Module 2-Going on the water
Date: 03.-06. May 2018
Location: Upper Bavaria Region or Upper Austria
Be a Module 3 partner
Date: 20.-24 June 2018
Module 4-Water paths
Date: 30. August-01. Sept. 2018
Location: Upper Bavaria Region
During the modules there is an action-oriented learning, on shallow and whitewater.
- Accomondation in Kanucamps
- The participants get a manual about the contents
- We provide all group equipment
Management of Nature as a partner, state-certified mountain guide, over 20 years of experience in accompanying groups in nature; Many years of experience in the whitewater, passionate solo canoeing in the moving and flat water;
From 6 participants the group will be accompanied by a competent co-management from the team of NaP.
Not included in the price
- Food Approx. 6-10 € per day/participant
- Camping site fees
- River permit at the Soca