Canoe Course Reuss
The Reuss winds its way through a natural pasture landscape to the confluence of the Aare river. Light river sections alternate with smaller rapids. You will make the first paddle strokes on the lake above Bremgarten and learn the basics of this exciting sport. The following day we apply the learned to easy current and experience the river up close.
- Professional course management
- Details see course contents
- Max 6 participants per instuctor
Meeting PointBremgarten/AG on the Reuss
The meeting point is Bremgarten/AG on the Reuss. The days of the week start at 10am and end at about 5 pm.
Welcome, course discussion, material issue, paddle technique and training on the lake
Paddling and training on the river, course completion
- Getting to know your equipment, using it properly
- Get in and out of the boat safely
- Seating positions, agility, boat guidance and edges
- Paddle forward, cross the river and turn
- Detect and use the flow, simple eddy in and out
- Swimming in the river and easy rescue with the throwbag
- Communication on the river
- Detect dangers and safe routes
- First river cruises in the group
The Reuss is very well suited for beginners in tandem or solo canoes, especially for tube and folding canoes.
Degree of DifficultyBeginner
- Age: 14 +
- Swimming skills
- Normal health condition